Tuesday, March 3, 2009

B-fast with Bukchoi

I woke up this morning craving for something i have'nt had for a long time, a filipino "agahan" or "umagahan" (early morning b-fast). So, i requested Andie, if we can have one today, she came up with "Longganisa " ( a native filipino b-fast sausage or chorizo)scrambled eggs with tomatoes,my favorite garlic fried rice, and a dried fish called espada (we got this from my sister-in-law as pasalubong from the philippines) these delicacies are among the most loved traditional Filipino breakfast items. Depending on which province or region the longganisa originates, it can be sweet , spicy, garlicky , colored or uncolored.



Longganisa for breakfast is so popularly Pinoy that it is actually served at the humblest turo-turo & carinderia and deluxe hotels (it reminds me of the time when i'm still working at the Shangri-la Edsa Manila,we used to have this on the menu, called the "longsilog" together with other popular b-fast items such as tapa, a marinated thin sliced of beef and tocino,a sweet cured pork )




My son , Ardie is the only one who ate his usual bowl of cheerios and zippy cup of milk :-)


Cheer's Bukchoi !!! Daddy's happy again ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I rarely eat longganisa anymore. These days I am more into fried "dilis". But, I have always thought you loved "pakaplog" and not longsilog. And lastly, what is up with the teeny weeny pictures??!!

    ReplyDelete